Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Review
With the Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, our collection is finally complete. It’s the biggest, heaviest, most powerful, and most feature-rich iPhone Apple has ever made, and that’s enough to make it the best-seller it was designed to be.
The new iPhone 12 Pro Max is the only member of the 12 Series to include the new and improved triple camera on the back. This might even be enough to appeal to users who aren’t even looking for the maximum size. This is how a proper update should be done, updating every possible aspect, not just the design.
The Max naming of the iPhone 12 Pro is not just for the maximum size, but for the full set of new features. The largest iPhone to date enjoys the most premium and durable design Apple has ever made, the most powerful chip with 5G support, Apple’s latest camera, LiDAR scanner, largest speakers, most robust battery and of course , MagSafe support.
This Max version could have been even better with a 120Hz screen, but sadly this feature didn’t make the cut on the 12 Series. Maybe next year, who knows, but today even the most expensive iPhone can’t show more. 60fps on your screen.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max specs:
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic chip (5nm) – Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm with 3.1GHz Turboboost) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 16-core Apple NPU 4-gen
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/6; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC; Apple U1 chip ultrawideband
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128/256/512GB of internal storage.
- Display: 6.7″ Retina XDR OLED screen of 1,284 x 2,778 px resolution, 458ppi, 800 nits, 120Hz touch sensing. HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide color gamut. True Tone.
- Body: Stainless-steel frame with glossy finish, Ceramic Shield front with oleophobic coating, Glass back with frosted finish, IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue color options. 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm, 228 g.
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP camera: Primary – 1.7µm pixels, 26mm, f/1.6, IBIS, Dual Pixel AF; Ultrawide-angle – 1.0µm pixels, 13mm, f/2.4, 120-degree field of view; Telephoto — 1.0µm pixels, 65mm, f/2.2, OIS, 2.5x optical zoom; dual-LED flash with slow sync. Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion.
- Front camera: Dual camera – 23mm 12MP f/2.2 front-facing camera with HDR mode + 3D TOF camera; Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion. 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, EIS.
- Video recording: 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, OIS + EIS, Dolby Vision capturing.
- Battery: 3,687 mAh battery, 20W fast charging, 15 Qi wireless charging (MagSafe)
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine